NC AG Awareness Day – March 20, 2019
Who: NC Farmers, Agribusinesses, Commodities, Universities, and Ag students
What: NC Ag Awareness Day
Where: NC State Capital, Bicentennial Mall and Legislative Complex
When: Wednesday, March 20, 2019
Why: Educating NC Legislators and lawmakers of the importance of NC Agriculture and how we can grow stronger together.
Be Informed, Be Involved & Be Heard
- is food, fiber, and forestry.
- is farms and communities.
- feeds the world.
- is NC’s #1 industry.
Agriculture’s contribution to the North Carolina economy
- $87 billion industry, 17% of NC’s $522 billion gross state product
- 730,000 jobs, 17% of NC’s workforce
Growing Together and Growing Stronger
- Preserving Farmland and Farm Families
- Protecting our Natural Resources
- Education and Outreach
- Research and Technology Advancements
- Feeding the World for Generations to Come
- Conveys appreciation to NC Legislators for their prior support, and
- Communicates that they consider sensible and fact-based legislation when supporting North Carolina’s #1 industry, Agriculture and Agribusiness
Visit NC Ag Awareness Day for more information.